Exercise 1 – “I Wonder”
Read the following passage. Fill in the blanks with ONE suitable word.
The young boy is taking a walk in the park. As he walks, he looks __________ (1) him. He does not know why the _________ (2) is green. He can feel the wind but cannot _________ (3) it. He would like to know who teaches the __________ (4) to build nests on trees. He also notices that the moon is not always _________ (5). There are many questions on his mind such as why the __________ (6) clouds hand so high and why a rainbow looks like it is ________ (7) in the sky. If he asks his father all these questions, he thinks that his father will not tell him the ___________ (8).
Exercise 2 – “I Wonder”
Circle the correct answer.
1. When one is not sure of things, one ________.
2. One can _______ the wind but not see it.
3. A word that rhymes with ‘rest’ is _________.
4. When is the moon round?
A. On a dark night
B. On a warm night
C. On a cold night
D. On a full moon night
5. To ‘blow out’ is to _______.
6. Lightning is likely to flash during a _________.
A. hazy day
B. heavy downpour
D. windy day
7. The word that means feathery in the poem is ________.
8. The persona thinks that his father will _________.
A. give him the answers later
B. not tell him the answers
C. know everything
D. appreciate nature
9. The trees take a rest when __________.
A. the grass stops growing
B. the wind stops blowing
C. the lightning stops flashing
D. the stars stop disappearing
10. A word that rhymes with ‘high’ is ___________.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document